Discovering that your home is flooded is one of the worst feelings you will ever experience. And your stress is compounded even more because you have no idea how to handle this type of disaster properly. The water could have resulted from a leaking water line, a storm, or a flooding waterway, but all you can see is the destruction and contamination of your home and belongings. Fortunately, residents in the Temecula area know that the Renovation Pros are just a call away at 951-225-1570. Our team is here 24/7 to help you sort through all the details and tasks that follow a flood in your home. Below are some of the crucial steps that we will cover with you when we arrive onsite.
- If the flood water was severe enough to force you to evacuate your home, never return until professionals deem it safe. There could be structural damage to the house, leaking gas, or downed power lines. All of these can be life-threatening if not adequately handled by a professional. Call the Renovation Pros for professional help managing everything from the initial evaluation to the complete renovations to repair the damage caused by the flood. Our team is available 24/7 to provide professional guidance in managing the restoration project after a flood.
- Document everything as you are surveying the damage to your home. Digital photos are easy to store and forward to insurance adjustors and the team at Renovation Pros for expert advice and solutions to your home’s damage.
- Wear protective gear even if you think the flood is due to a clean water leak. Wear rubber boots or waders to prevent coming into contact with the floodwater. Gloves, a hat, eye protection, and a mask are also highly recommended. Contaminants can move quickly through the water to cover the entire house and the air you breathe, so be sure to protect yourself from potential health issues.
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible to report the flood and begin to file a claim for the loss.
- If you are removing anything from the house, throw away all items in contact with the floodwater and any food items that could have been contaminated. It only takes 24 hours for toxic mold and mildew to begin to grow in moist and warm conditions, so be very selective about what you try to keep.
All of these steps are just the beginning of understanding the extent of the damage to your home. Unfortunately, the full assessment cannot be completed in many cases until the water has been removed. And that process can take hours or even days. The safest way to ensure that your home will be quickly dried out and evaluated is to call the water damage restoration experts at Renovation Pros. Our staff is here to provide the services you need to ensure that your home is quickly returned to its pre-flood condition. Call 951-225-1570, we will respond within 60 minutes to provide the expert help you need in this stressful time.