Most homeowners cannot imagine a house without running water because they have never lived without it. We look at running water as a household necessity. However, we are all so accustomed to instant access to water that we often fail to appreciate that it can cause devastating damage when it leaks into our homes. Certainly, not all residential water damage is caused by a leaking water line, but you would be shocked to learn that most flooded homes are due to a plumbing issue inside the house. Other common causes of water damage include leaking roofs, flooding from a storm, or backups in a city sewer line. But what is essential for every homeowner to understand are the signs of water damage that will alert you to call 951-225-1570 for assistance from the Renovation Pros.
Signs Of Leaking Water Lines
According to the American Insurance Association, around 90% of water leaks that damaged homes in the United States could have been avoided with a bit of maintenance and professional service. There was a minor issue that was easy to ignore in most cases until it became a significant leak and created costly water damage. Some of the common signs of a leaking water line in your home include:
- Discoloration or staining on walls, floors, or the ceiling in your home
- Bubbling, crackling, bulging, or peeling of interior finishes like paint, drywall, and wallpaper are also strong indications of a water leak
- Unexplained puddles of water or damp carpeting is a sign of a leak- unfortunately, many people try to explain away the issue rather than calling the Renovation Pros to locate and repair any water leak before it creates tens of thousands of dollars in water damage
- The sound of running or dripping water coming from the walls is never a good sign
- A sudden increase in your water bill is also a vital sign that there is a significant water leak somewhere that needs to be located and repaired quickly
- If your otherwise dry and odor-free home is suddenly smelling mildew or musty, there is a good possibility you have a water leak that is promoting the growth of mold and mildew as well as creating water damage
All of these minor issues are warning you of a much more significant problem that needs professional attention from the plumbing experts at Renovation Pros.
Signs Of A Roof Leak
Most of us give little thought to the roof protecting our homes, loved ones, and possessions. However, as that trusted roof begins to age and faces more harsh weather, it can start to leak. When it does, there will be some telltale signs inside your home, including:
- Cracks in the ceiling, especially at drywall joints
- Peeling paint or staining on the ceiling or even down the walls
- Sagging or bulging drywall on the ceiling
- Visible mold and mildew on ceiling and wall surfaces
- A musty odor from hidden mold growth
When you notice any of these indications of water damage, call 951-225-1570 for immediate assistance from the experts at Renovation Pros.